Olmos Tower Fire Alarm Instructions (May 2014)
If you are having an emergency, call 911
The following are some guidelines of what to do in case the fire alarm goes off:
- When the fire alarm goes off assume it is a real fire and exit the building using the stairwells. Do not go to the parking garage in case the power goes out you will not be able to exit the garage.
- Do not call or text the doorman, office or maintenance to see if it is a real fire – they will be busy locating the fire or determining if it is a false alarm.
- In case you have a fire in your unit and the smoke has not entered the hallway for the smoke detector to detect it, pull the red pull station located on your floor. There is a pull station on each floor near the west stairwell door (where the trash chute is located).
- When the fire alarm goes off it is not floor specific. When one alarm is set off all the alarms in the building go off.
- On each floor, across from the elevators, is a box that contains a fire hose and small fire extinguisher. These can be used to put out small fires, however, if the fire is out of your control please exit the building and let the fire department handle the fire.
- If you have your stove on or faucet running when you hear the alarm, please quickly turn them off before evacuating.
- If it is a false alarm, a staff member will make that determination and turn off the alarms as quickly as possible.
- If you are in need of assistance in evacuating your unit, let Gwen know and your name will be on a special evacuation list for the fire department.